Re: r6rs incompatibilities

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: r6rs incompatibilities
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 23:26:35 +0200

On Sun 23 May 2010 22:52, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> We could make this more general, as the r7 committees are wont to do: if
> #! is followed by whitespace or /, then read as a block comment;
> otherwise read one token. In our case, we would read #!foo as #:foo. I
> don't think this change would affect anyone. What do you think?

Note that there are a couple of other #! constructs being considered for
scheme 7, for example to control case folding. It seems more or less
sensible. Perhaps we should read these as directives, and not as datums
at all.

There is also the possibility of introducing a reader option for this
behavior.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/