Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)

From: tomas
Subject: Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 22:22:41 +0100

On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 09:21:37AM +0100, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> <tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:
> > I'd apply Clarke's Razor:"A sufficiently advanced form of malice
> > is not distinguishable from stupidity"
>
> I love this! Thank you for sharing!

I reflected a bit on its genesis. It started while working deep
in a big company's belly -- I observed that, while the majority
of the people working in there where nice persons, the whole had
something evil in its behaviour and actions. There I came up with
the concept of "emergent evil", like the emergent behaviour you
might observe in an anthill.

While pondering this, I further realised that higher management's
job was to actually steer this emergent behaviour, and came to
the conclusion that a higher manager wasn't worth its salt if
(s)he didn't master this skill (and wouldn't probably stay at
this job). Whether that happens consciously or unconciously.

Mix in some plausible deniability ("steer", not "do"), and that
pastiche came up.

Cheers