Re: Current status of guile-gnome/guile-gtk?

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Re: Current status of guile-gnome/guile-gtk?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:17:25 -0500

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 05:09:26PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> You might want quickly to check out the components in my guile-gui
> package, available at http://www.ossau.uklinux.net/guile/index.html.
> This provides connections between Gtk widgets and input and output
> ports, basically.

As I understand the above, this would be useful for (say) putting a
Guile repl in a gtk text widget.  It would not be useful for using
Guile to construct and operate a Gtk GUI, correct?

I'm actually trying to do the latter, i.e. create widgets from Scheme,
pass them lambdas as callbacks, etc.

However, I suspect that the further I get into it the more I will want
to have the other, too.

b.g.