Re: Module unloading

From: Zeeshan Ali
Subject: Re: Module unloading
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 01:55:41 +0500

Hello,

> There's no way of completely removing (=> undefining) the definitions
> that a module added.

      Hmm... But the GC would take care of that, wouldn't it? If it
doesn'nt then the plugins must do that themselves in their
'xchat-plugin-deinit' procedure, which they must define and export.

>  I think it might be possible (in an undocumented
> and unsupported way) to "unuse" a module, though, i.e. to remove a
> plugin module from the module-uses list of your main module.  Is that
> any use to you?

    I think that is exactly what i need. Maybe there is no way defined
to do this as the GC also takes care of 'unused' modules as they are
also normal guile objects? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zeeshan Ali.