Re: Module unloading

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Module unloading
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:33:40 +0100

Zeeshan Ali wrote:
Hello Neil,
   I must remind you that i am anxiously waiting for more input on
this mater from you. Moreover, i tried to implement what you
recommended but i think i am in a problem: Since the loaded module
doesn't have access to binding of it's parent module (the module that
'uses' it), it is unable to access the 'xchat-register-plugin'
procedure that is defined in the parent module. Do you have a solution
for this in mind as well, or i took you all wrong.

Yes. This is covered in general terms by the comments in my earlier email today, but for the specific problem you describe, all you need to do is:

- export `xchat-register-plugin' from your main infrastructure module, which let's say is (xchat main)

- document that plugin authors need to write `(use-modules (xchat main))' at the start of their plugin code.

Hope this makes sense ...

        Neil