Re: make: don't know how to make CFLAGS. Stop

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: make: don't know how to make CFLAGS. Stop
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi-

Yeah, there is a line in the generated Makefile that is specific to GNU
Make.

You can do the following work around.

Remove this line from the guile-1.6.7/libguile/Makefile

numbers.lo: CFLAGS := $(filter-out -Werror,${CFLAGS})

Then it should build fine.

Or alternately, make sure you are running GNU Make ("gmake") instead of
BSD Make ("make").

FWIW, this affects AIX as well, and is still present in
Guile-1.6.8-rc0.

Hope this helps,

Mike Gran