Re: guile.m4

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: guile.m4
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:52:29 -0500

On Jun 14, 2006, at 8:59 PM, Aaron VanDevender wrote:
Not really for my purposes. I want to be able to decide if I should use
SCM_MUST_MALLOC or scm_gc_malloc. This isn't something that the
interpreter can tell me. I suppose I can grep though the header file,
but it seemed that checking for the version was more robust.

Is there a better way?

Add the Guile libs to $LIBS and see if you can compile a test call to scm_gc_malloc using AC_CHECK_FUNCS(scm_gc_malloc).

The general formula for autoconf is to do things directly. In your case, you want to see if you can use scm_gc_malloc; therefore, the way to go is to directly try to compile a call to said function.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog