Re: readline eats previous text on line

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: readline eats previous text on line
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:08:48 -0500

Hi Kevin,

It might be as simple as

        (readline "foo: ")

Not sure if that's meant to be documented, seems like a pretty
sensible usage, even if reading current-input-port might be usual.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood you before. I thought you had gotten confused between `read-line' and `readline'. `readline' is not documented, so I thought it did not exist. But, now that I actually try what you said instead of what I misinterpreted it as, sure enough, such a function does exist, and it works as expected.

Thanks,
Jon