guile-gnome-platform 2.15.90 released

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: guile-gnome-platform 2.15.90 released
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:29:37 +0100

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the release of guile-gnome-platform version
2.15.90.

About guile-gnome-platform
==========================

guile-gnome-platform is a binding between the GNOME platform libraries
and the Guile Scheme language.

This release brings guile-gnome out of bitrot. It is versioned 2.15.90
because it aims to wrap the 2.16 release of the GNOME platform
libraries, but is still unstable.

This release may be downloaded at:

http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile-gnome/guile-gnome-platform/guile-gnome-platform-2.7.99.tar.gz

Further information may be had at guile-gnome's web site,

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/

Changes
=======

packaging changes
-----------------
* Require G-Wrap 1.9.7.

* Update to use bzr as the version control system, instead of tla.

atk
---
* Build fix for g-wrap.

corba
-----
* Build fix for g-wrap.

defs
----
* New platform release, no change.

docs
----
* New platform release, no change.

gconf
-----
* Build fixes for g-wrap.

glib
----
* Operate on GTypeInstances via a generic registry of fundamental type
  operations. guile-gnome-glib comes with operations on GObject and
  GParamSpec; wrappers can define other operations for other fundamental
  types (such as GstMiniObject in GStreamer).

* Require G-Wrap 1.9.7, so that we can place all of our generics in the
  (gnome gw generics) module instead of in the root module.

* Avoid calling scm_ functions while in GC sweep, fixes crashes on Guile
  1.8.

* Add support macro for wrapping custom unclassed GTypes, such as
  GStreamer's fractions.

* Don't ignore 'null-ok (or other options) in cases like this:
  '("GMainContext*" "context" (null-ok) (default "NULL")).

* Remove SLIB dependency by folding in the needed functionality.

* Add support for gsize and gssize, both as input and output parameters.

* Add accessors for fields of GError.

* Other compile, memleak, and bug fixes.

gnome-vfs
---------
* Build updates for g-wrap.

* Don't attempt to wrap bonobo functions, they are not present in newer
  gnome-vfs.

* Fix locking, the --disable-deprecated mechanism, and some GCC 4
  warnings.

gtk
---
* Build updates for g-wrap, compile fixes for GCC 4.

* Wrap GtkListStore (previously skipped by mistake).

* Wrap gint* and guint* output args, and annotate some parameters as
  null-ok.

libglade
--------
* Build updates for g-wrap.

libgnome
--------
* Build updates for g-wrap.

libgnomecanvas
* Build updates for g-wrap and other compile fixes.

libgnomeui
* Build updates for g-wrap.

pango
-----