Re: alloca bug

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: alloca bug
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:12:43 -0600

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Ryde wrote:
Jon Wilson <address@hidden> writes:
I need some help understanding what you've said.

AC_FUNC_ALLOCA in configure normally uses an alloca.c
(libguile/alloca.c) to provide alloca() if the compiler or C library
doesn't otherwise have one.  Should be unrelated to whatever happens
on bsd.

Not sure why libguile/alloca.c has to exist.  Does autoconf insist on
it being present, even if we then reject that version?

Thanks. Now I get what Neil was talking about. I've got that shell account now, but it is getting late. I'll take a look at making a bug report tomorrow. Plenty of time now classes are all over, and all I have left are grad school apps. Speaking of which, if anyone is at Ohio State and could put in a good word for me with the physics department, that would be favorite.</shameless plug>
Regards,
Jon