Re: about usage of `sigaction'

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: about usage of `sigaction'
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:52:03 +1100

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently it just makes me feel uncomfortable when it doesn't work as
> expected.. I hope someday it could get fixed.

I'll add something like the following to the manual for a start, to at
least describe how it works now ...

        Scheme code signal handlers are run via a system async (*note
        System asyncs::), so they're called in the handler's thread at
        the next safe opportunity.  Generally this is after any
        currently executing primitive procedure finishes (which could
        be a long time for primitives that wait for an external
        event).

Incidentally, if you just want to not create zombies among exited
children, apparently setting SIGCHLD to SIG_IGN works in current posix
(but not older systems).

--
"Party on contest winners, party on."