Re: Debian guile-1.8 and ttn guile-pg

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Debian guile-1.8 and ttn guile-pg
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:04:16 -0400

  [guile-pg and guile 1.8]

  I was hoping his guile-pg would work because it doesn't explicity
  state that a 1.4.x guile is required like some of his other packages
  do.

It works fine under 1.6.  What it needs is the feature, deprecated in
1.6 and removed in 1.8, of looking for a shlib when a module is used,
and loading it and running the init function.  The 1.8 way is to have a
scheme stub that dynlinks the module and exports the symbols.  So
guile-pg needs a new .scm file that does this, and I suspect that's all
that's required but I'm not sure.