Re: Changing the Emacs engine to Guile

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Changing the Emacs engine to Guile
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:13:17 +0200

Op dinsdag 22 jun 2010 12:05 CEST schreef Cecil Westerhof:

>> The above while found-match loop does not modify this-line.
>> The result is to find the last match on the line.
>
> I just hacked it fast to try it out. I only checked the standard case
> where I changed the spaces at the beginning of the line with non break
> spaces. I just tried something else and found this behaviour. As they
> say: haste makes waste. There is also another bug, with certain input I
> can get a value out of range. Next time I should verify my code and not
> publish it immediately. :-{

I made a better version. There where some stupid mistakes in the first
version. :-[ It is accessible through:
    http://www.decebal.nl/guile/sources/substituteExpression.scm

When there is a better version I'll update it. And I am open to
improvements.

>> Also, (I'm not sure about it I would have to check string-replace, but
>> my guess is that) the substituted text is (substring substitute-str
>> start-match end-match), which will be different in the case of emacs
>> code below.

Was a stupid mistake. :-{

--
Decebal Computing
Voor uw ICT oplossingen

Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer
M address@hidden
W http://www.decebal.nl

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.
Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/