Re: Problems to install Guile 2.0.0

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: Problems to install Guile 2.0.0
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:25:54 -0500

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic =?iso-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?=)
>
> If the ^L character was a problem, then you’d have troubles compiling
> GNU programs.  :-)
>
> So I suspect there was another problem.

Was the ctrl-L what he said is the problem?

I don't know what email reader you are using,
but I saw this:

> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Germ=E1n?= Arias <address@hidden>
> Cc: Mark H Weaver <address@hidden>,
>       Ludovic =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?= <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> OK, I solved the problem. Checking the files vm.c, vm.s,... . I found
> the character
>

> at file vm.c.

there's a strange character between the ctrl-L and the "at file".
I thought that was what he was having problems with.

od -x

0000120 7463 7265 0a0a 0a0c ef0a bfbb 7461 6620

Sorry it's byte swapped, but the 0x0C is the ctrl-L
and the strange character is 0xEF.  How did that
get there?

You could imagine a compiler bug that only happens
on strange computers when there is a strange
character in a strange place in the input buffer.

  -- Keith