Garbage collection

From: Michael J. Barillier
Subject: Garbage collection
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:00:35 -0400

I'm considering building a market data/trading system prototype using
Guile as a scripting language for the business rules (feed processing
and speed-critical bits would be in C).  My biggest concern at this
point is performance degradation or pauses during garbage collection.  I
could do some work-arounds to avoid generating garbage, but I'd prefer
not to have to resort to that.

Anyone have any comments on this?

--
Michael J. Barillier   //   http://blackwolfinfosys.net/users/blackwolf/
_O_|  ``Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul