Re: [r6rs] expansion bug, probably free-identifier=? related

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [r6rs] expansion bug, probably free-identifier=? related
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:56:44 +0200

Hello Marco,

I have a branch pending to fix free-identifier=? in Guile.  It will
probably go in 2.0.2.

However, even with this patch, test-flatt-syntactic.sps still fails
because of two things, one difficult and the other even more so:

  1) Bug https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31472 -- the introduced
     "the-parent-rtd" identifier gets resolved relative to the (synrec6)
     module rather than the module of the expanded form.  This will be
     fixed at some point.

  2) Guile does not hygienically introduce toplevel bindings.  I would
     like to fix it, but it will not be fixed in 2.0.x, as it would
     break ABI.  You can work around this one as Guile's own srfi-9
     does, if you so wish, by generating a temporary yourself.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/