Guile-2D 0.1 released

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Guile-2D 0.1 released
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:11:39 -0400

Hello all,

Over the past few months I've been working on a 2D game programming
framework, called Guile-2D. My goal is to make game programming in
Guile enjoyable. There is much work to be done still, but I have
implemented many of the fundamental features.

Guile-2D is built on top of several libraries: SDL, OpenGL, FreeImage,
and FTGL. What this means is that Guile-2D takes advantage of hardware
accelerated rendering, loads images in many different formats, and
renders TTF format fonts.

Guile-2D also provides a custom REPL server that is compatible with
the game loop, and pleasant scripting functionality via coroutines.

For more information, see README.org. For installation instructions,
see INSTALL.org.

Tarball: http://dthompson.us/static/src/guile-2d-0.1.tar.gz
Git: https://github.com/davexunit/guile-2d

You can report bugs here or alternatively, on GitHub.

Last but not least: Happy 30th birthday, GNU!

- Dave Thompson