[ANN] Guile-SSH 0.5.0 released

From: Artyom Poptsov
Subject: [ANN] Guile-SSH 0.5.0 released
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 04:07:55 +0400

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce Guile-SSH 0.5.0.  The new version includes some
important changes, such as:

 - New implementation of Guile-SSH channels -- now a channel acts like
   a Guile port and can be used along with regular I/O procedures
   provided by GNU Guile.

 - Guile-SSH now comes with a reference manual in Texinfo/Info format.

 - Automated tests were added.  Although the coverage is far not
   perfect, it will be improved during the next releases.

 - Guile-SSH now supports authentication with a SSH agent thanks to the
   new procedure `userauth-autopubkey!'.

The library is tested on the following GNU/Linux distributions: Gentoo
(Base System release 2.2) with GNU Guile 2.0.9, Debian 7.2 (wheezy) with
GNU Guile 2.0.5.

As asked by Ludovic, I'm considering to publish a tarball produced by
`make distcheck'.  Currently I'm just not sure about the best way to do
that.  As far as I understand I should make it accessible through the
Web by a permanent link.

Anyway, please find sources here:
  https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/libguile-ssh/releases/tag/v0.5.0

And here is the list of changes since version 0.4.0 (excerpt from the
NEWS file):

* Changes in version 0.5.0 (2014-02-05)
** Implement Guile-SSH channels as GNU Guile ports.
   Now channels can be used with regular procedures such as `display',
   `write' and `read-line'.
** `session-set!' and `server-set!' now take log-verbosity as a symbol
   Use symbols to represent log levels instead of numbers.
** Remove duplicates of some session options
   Remove duplicates that are existed for some Guile-SSH session
   type of value), `log-verbosity-str' (duplicates `log-verbosity',
   differs only in expected type of value), `add-identity' (duplicates
   `identity', no differences).
** New `userauth-autopubkey!' procedure.
   The procedure can be used for public key authentication with a SSH
   agent.
** New procedures.
   `channel-set-stream!', `channel-get-stream', `session?', `server?',
   `message?'.
** Remove procedures.
   These procedures are removed due to changes in Guile-SSH channel
   API: `close-channel!', `channel-poll' `free-channel!',
   `channel-read`, `channel-write'.
** Add documentation in Texinfo format
   The Guile-SSH reference manual in Info format will be installed on
   `make install' into `${prefix}/share/info' directory.
** Update sssh/ssshd example.
*** `examples/sssh.scm' and `examples/ssshd.scm' are updated
    to use the new Guile-SSH channel API.
*** `sssh.scm` now uses `userauth-autopubkey!'
*** `ssshd.scm' now parses command-line options
    See `ssshd.scm --help'.
** Add echo server/client example.
   See `examples/echo' directory.
** Add automated tests.
   See `tests/' directory.

Comments and bug reports are welcome, of course.

Thanks,

- Artyom

--
Artyom Poptsov <address@hidden>