Re: bindings for fltk or tk?...

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: bindings for fltk or tk?...
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 00:49:54 +0200

Le 2015-10-15 22:42, Arne Babenhauserheide a écrit :
Am Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2015, 16:34:24 schrieb Robert lewko:
Are there any bindings for graphical tool kits such as FLTK or TK?
The only set of bindings are for GNOME and I am not a fan of GNOME.
Nor to I wish to install all the dependencies that GNOME relies on
(OK, I am an old unix guy and I normally just install enlightenment,
so I don't have GNOME installed - call em weird).

AFAIK, using gnome clutter doesn't require all gnome desktop. The only dependencies is glib and cogl. Clutter provides only low level widgets aka. actors. There is a library called clutter-mx that provides higher level actors but I've read that it's not maintained.

Otherwise if you want to bind FLTK to guile, there is ffi bindings included in guile, maybe you will be better served by the method used in guile-clutter. There's various examples of guile bindings among which guile-wiredtiger [1].

[1] https://git.framasoft.org/a-guile-mind/guile-wiredtiger/blob/master/wiredtiger.scm#L68