Re: [ANN] Lisparuga - a 2D shoot-em-up made for the Lisp Game Jam

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [ANN] Lisparuga - a 2D shoot-em-up made for the Lisp Game Jam
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 01:17:44 +0200

Thompson, David writes:

> It's a bit difficult to build right now if you don't use GNU Guix

This is actually a really cool usage of Guix — a meta-distribution for
reproducible builds of non-packaged software.

I have guix running on Gentoo, but I had to adjust the build instructions:

guix pull # I do not know whether this was required

cd lisparuga-0.1.0
guix environment --search-paths -l guix.scm
(execute the update of the search paths by copying the lines into the shell)
./configure
make
./pre-inst-env guile game.scm

However it fails at OpenGL:

sly/window.scm:100:20: In procedure init-window:
sly/window.scm:100:20: Throw to key `sdl-error' with args `("make-gl-context"
"failed to create OpenGL context: ~A" "Could not create GL context:
GLXBadFBConfig")'.

Now if Guix (the build daemon setup with per-user profiles) just came
pre-packaged for all distributions… that would massively simplify
sharing in-development software.

Best wishes,
Arne
--