Re: Performance issue with guile-2.2

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Performance issue with guile-2.2
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 13:13:51 +0200

On Wed 12 Apr 2017 09:28, Vijay Pratap Chaurasia <address@hidden> writes:

>     Thanks for input and putting the code as attachment. I am consistently
> getting bad performance with guile.2.2 even through it is reasonably good
> with guile2.1 compare to guile2.0 . I have built guile on RHEL5 platform
> using gcc4.4 with large file support (CFLAGS='-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
> -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE') .

This will implicitly disable optimizations, I think.  If you set CFLAGS,
you will need to add "-g -O2" to the CFLAGS.  You can rebuild just in
libguile/; the .go files are fine and don't need any rebuild.  Could
this be the issue?

GCC 4.4 is of course a very old compiler, but you probably know that :)

Andy