Re: guile-sjson's first public release (v0.2)!

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: guile-sjson's first public release (v0.2)!
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:57:34 -0400

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Christopher Allan Webber
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd be open to the change... if we're going to do the change, we should
> do it now, when I'm pretty much the only user.  I wonder what David
> Thompson thinks?

FWIW this is what Racket does, so there is precedent there, but Mark
Weaver and I explicitly avoided doing this with (ice-9 json) because
vectors are 1) imperative and 2) less convenient to process and
generate.  For example, you can no longer use unquote-splicing, which
is unfortunate.  Furthermore, if you have a list of objects that you
want to serialize, you now need to do the extra step of calling
list->vector.  Lists are the more natural data structure in Scheme for
sequences, so Mark and I thought it was best to stick with them rather
than use vectors even though vectors are more array-like.

Hope this helps,

- Dave