I made something: grid printer

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: I made something: grid printer
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:31:06 +0200

Hi Guile Users!

I made a grid printer (nothing too fancy), which prints stuff nicely to
a terminal. I am not sure this is of any use for anyone, but here it is:

https://gitlab.com/ZelphirKaltstahl/guile-grid-printer

I imagine it could be a library for printing something like a chess
board on command line. So when I ever write some working chess game, I
could use it to do the output for me after each half-move or something.
Or I guess it could be used for printing some summary of data or
mathematical matrices of rather limited size.

I might add functionality for row and column labels (useful for chess
board printing), when I have motivation again to work more on it.

The code is probably quite primitive, but the focus so far was more on
allowing many configurations of how the grid should be printed, rather
than being very clever about the code. Maybe there is also not much
cleverness one can introduce into a project like this.

Regards,

Zelphir