Re: guile-json, SRIFs and licenses

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: guile-json, SRIFs and licenses
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 09:36:51 -0500

The MIT license is required for all SRFIs, both texts and implementations:
the exact wording appears at the end of every SRFI, and is adjusted over
time as the MIT license changes (very slightly).  I wasn't there at the
time, but it was probably adopted because MIT, like BSD, is a universal
donor: it can be incorporated into software that is preponderantly under
any other license.  Chicken, for instance, is under the BSD license, but
you can compile and distribute a Chicken program under any license — unless
it incorporates one of the 31 GPLed eggs.

What looks like a commons from inside the GNUverse looks more like a walled
garden to the rest of FLOSS.