Re: Debug setup in emacs

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Debug setup in emacs
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 09:27:30 +0200

Fredrik Salomonsson writes:

Hello,

> I've been playing around with guile for awhile and really liking it. One
> thing I haven't figured out is how to setup a good debugging environment
> in emacs, similar to edebug for elisp or gdb i.e. have a buffer that
> shows me were I am in the code.

Some years ago, I created Guile mode for Emacs GUD and an initial
patch for the guile debugger to work with that

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2014-08/msg00004.html

At the time, the guile debugger had a couple of bugs wrt setting
breakpoints and I'm afraid the code has bitrotted since then.

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org