Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?

From: Paul Emsley
Subject: Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 18:47:15 +0100

On 23/06/2022 14:30, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
Ognen Duzlevski <maketo@sdf.org> writes:

Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli <matias_jose_seco@autoproduzioni.net> writes:
Isn't a cool mix the functional approach of Guile and the modular one
of Microkernel ? (and loads of more features i suppose!)
What I think would be easier to do is embed Scheme inside an OS kernel....
With the Hurd you reduce the scope of what is the kernel, so Scheme can
do lots of jobs usually reserved for lower-level languages. You could
for example write your complete filesystem or networking layer in
Scheme.

FWIW, some time ago I wrote a version of "top" for the Hurd (it didn't have one) using Guile (1.3 maybe?) and libps. It may be possible to find it with some searching (not tried).

Paul.