Re: guile-cairo - patch

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-cairo - patch
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 01:07:10 -0300

Hi Daniel,

> the  patch works fine on my side and fixes make check/distcheck as
> you describe, thank you.

Ok, great.

> However I think it's unfortunate that it requires the dynamic library
> path to be adjusted after installation, which is something that
> guile-cairo was handling before. This is a private library that is of
> no use except to guile-cairo itself.

The patch 'removed' the hard coded 'full path' of the lib set at
configure/make time, which i think is a good thing - and it indeed
install the lib in $prefix/lib - which is, imo, unless a configure
option allows 'another location', the right thing to do - but,
see below ...

> I wonder if it's possible to fix your fix, so to speak, so that we
> don't lose that feature. After all, you're already telling Guile to
> find the library in different places depending on whether we're on
> the build environment or not.

> Wdyt.

It is possible, with a bit of work, to install the lib in the
GUILE_EXTENSION directory [provided by guile.m4], but be able to look
into this in the 'immediate near future' - feel free to patch the patch
of course.

Regards,
David