Re: guile-cairo - patch

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-cairo - patch
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 00:19:36 -0300

Hello Daniel,

> Here comes 1 (attached) patch, which fixes both 'make check'
> and 'make distcheck'.

Here is another patch, to be applied after the previous one, see the
commit log ... [1]

David

[1]     a bit more on this ...

1-

This patch removes the call to m4_esyscmd, which itself called
build-aux/git-version-gen which i removed from the EXTRA_DIST target in
the previous patch.

2-

Speaking about version, you might consider - I won't do that myself, as
I can't regenerate, hence I can't fully check - to update the
doc/guile-cairo.texi file to call

                @include version.texi

... instead of manually set VERSION and UPDATED  because when automake
detect the above, it generates the version.texi file which contains the
above and more ... and then as a dev, you'd have one and only one
location to take care of when updating the version - s/w wise, we still
have to manually update the NEW file [and the web-pages (?)]