guix-devel

Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add r-loomr.

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: branch master updated: gnu: Add r-loomr.
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 14:01:35 +0200

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 12:40, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> > Where would I add a non-CRAN and non-Bioconductor package to?  Perhaps
> > this situation won't occur again, and should raise a flag, because I
> > think I've never had this case before.
>
> We don’t have any good place for those packages.  It would be good to
> have a dumping ground for packages like that, and for those that are on
> CRAN but unusually depend on Bioconductor packages.

IMHO, for non-CRAN and non-Bioconductor R packages, they should go to
thematic files: bioinformatics.scm or machine-learning.scm or
name-it.scm.

However, some dependency issues could happen, and e.g., CRAN package
could be in bioconductor.scm as r-deconstructsigs -- with a comment.

Last, should CRAN packages in statistics.scm go in cran..scm or not?

All the best,
simon