guix-devel

Re: Inkscape export errors

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: Inkscape export errors
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 13:56:56 +0000

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020 2:03 PM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> Egun on,

Saluton Ludo,

> You would then need to include this variant of ‘inkscape’ alongside
> ‘python’ so that ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile sets ‘PYTHONPATH’
> accordingly.
>
> A better fix would be to use ‘wrap-program’ to wrap ‘inkscape’ such that
> ‘PYTHONPATH’ always points to ‘python-lxml’. There are several examples
> of packages that do that.

Yes, kind of the same change I did on Icecat for the WebGL support.
This is going to create a shell script that sets the environment
variables and then call the actual binary, right?

> Does that make sense?

It does but it doesn't.

Why isn't inkscape detecting python-lxml if I can load it from the python
shell?
Does this mean the package's environment is being cleaned by someone else?
Why does Thorsten's (in the thread) inkscape detect lxml and
mine doesn't?
Isn't this supposed to be reproducible?

Sorry but I'm a little bit confused.

> HTH,