guix-devel

Re: Cuirass logo - artwork.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Cuirass logo - artwork.
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:58:20 +0100

Hello Luis,

> About the integration of this logo with the Guix look, I thought that this
> logo was for Cuirass itself, not necessarily for the instance available in
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/.

I thought it could be nice to use to logo for:

- The Cuirass project page that would be hosted at
  https://guix.gnu.org/cuirass for instance.

- The Cuirass Web UI page to replace or in addition to the Guix logo at
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org.

- The favicon of Cuirass Web UI also at https://ci.guix.gnu.org.

> If Cuirass Web UI supports theming, the Guix instance could easily change the
> branding so that it is uniform with the style that has been used so far to
> name and brand other components. So Guix components like GuixHPC, GuixData,
> GuixCI, GuixDays, and so on, could use the same graphic style.
>
> (Maybe Guix could use a Guile library defining an SXHTML/CSS theme to make it
> easier to style the websites of the different Guix components)

That's a good idea, having some uniformity between all Guix websites
would be nice.

If there are no more voters, it looks like the 2B logo with the orange
logo is the winner!

Thanks,

Mathieu