guix-devel

When will we announce transition to Weblate

From: Peng Mei Yu
Subject: When will we announce transition to Weblate
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:42:41 +0800

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller writes:

> Yes, translations should now go through weblate, at
> https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/guix/website/
>
> We also manage the cookbook, manual, guix and packages there, though I still
> need to announce it :)

When will this be officially announced?  I should tell this news to my
friends at zh_CN team.

I am trying my best to recruit new volunteers to join zh_CN translation
team.  There are already enthusiasts who agree to join.  Personally, I
prefer modifying PO files in Emacs with po-mode, but I guess Weblate
will be better for teamwork.

The translation progress of zh_CN lags behind my previous schedule.
This is not a problem at the moment since there are only a few active
Guix user in China and most of them are OK with en_US locale.  But the
sooner we finish zh_CN translation the better.

--
Peng Mei Yu