guix-devel

Re: Merging the “binary” NPM importer?

From: Philip McGrath
Subject: Re: Merging the “binary” NPM importer?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 18:32:58 -0400

Hi,

I've been using the NPM binary importer recently, and I'm also in favor of merging it. Aside from helping me get practical work done, it's also pointed me toward things in the Node package and node-build-system that may need to be tweaked (e.g. https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49946#71). So, like Christine, I hope that letting people use Guix to work on Node/NPM stuff would ultimately help the cause of making NPM packages work in Guix the right way.