guix-devel

Re: Merging the “binary” NPM importer?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Merging the “binary” NPM importer?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 14:37:34 +0200

Hello!

(Cc: guix-maintainers to check whether everyone is on-board with the
idea before going further.)

Jelle Licht <jlicht@fsfe.org> skribis:

> The major ones I can think of are;
> - Be rebased on current master (or perhaps core-updates-fixed?)
> - tests
> - documentation

Yeah, these three things would be needed to get it in ‘master’.  A quick
review would also be nice, mostly to catch stylistic issue, code
duplication, and to validate the testing strategy.

Would the two of you willing to help with this?

> Could you perhaps list some additional blockers?  We can always refine
> and improve on an acceptable upstreamed version, since it will be a
> once-and-done tool instead of some stable API.

Once the basics are in place, you could always improve the tool later on
as you see fit.

Thanks,
Ludo’.