guix-devel

Re: core-updates-frozen: Planning for the last world rebuild

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann
Subject: Re: core-updates-frozen: Planning for the last world rebuild
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:29:19 -0300

Hello Mathieu,

Em quinta-feira, 30 de setembro de 2021, às 06:03:52 -03, Mathieu Othacehe
escreveu:
> Hey Thiago,
>
> > I was waiting for this world rebuild to happen to see the results in
> > Cuirass now that powerpc64le-linux builds are only done on guixp9, but
> > in hindsight it would have been better if I requested that those
> > builds were restarted instead. Restarting this build should remove the
> > main roadblock though:
> >
> > https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/703194/details
>
> Now restarted!

Thank you! Unfortunately that build is now affected by an issue that I only
noticed yesterday: powerpc64le-linux builds for core-updates-frozen get
permanently stuck in the ‘Scheduled’ state, even though guixp9 is
completely idle (as it is right now).

For example, this evaluation from Sep 17 has thousands of scheduled
evaluations:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/19271?status=pending

This is also happening with at least one other platform as well. This
evaluation from Sep 25 has a lot of scheduled evaluations for i586-gnu (as
well as powerpc64le-linux):

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/23187?status=pending

> > When that build is restarted and succeeds, does Cuirass also restart
> > the
> > builds that failed because they depended on it, or do we need to
> > explicitly restart those as well?
>
> Yes, on successful build completion Cuirass looks if some builds that
> were marked as "failed-dependency" (failing because some of the
> dependencies are also failing) can be resumed.

That is awesome!

> That being said, Cuirass is not performing nicely these days because of:
> this issue https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48468.

Ah, ok. Thank you for the heads up.

--
Thanks,