guix-devel

Re: Compile skribilo doc containing guix channel references

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Compile skribilo doc containing guix channel references
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 10:47:54 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On lun., 07 nov. 2022 at 10:21, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> In a published paper, it’d be useful to include channel information, and
> Skribilo/Guix integration is one way to do that.  For the convenience of
> people who do not use Guix, some might also find it to include
> approximate package metadata such as name/version pairs, as in that 2015
> paper.

About the channel information to include in a published paper, yeah
Skribilo/Guix is one (non-straightforwardly?) way to get “guix describe
-f channels”. ;-)

Is it possible to have a Skribilo reader which would use less
parenthesis?  Similar to Racket Scribble?

Well, if I understand correctly, «the context of reproducible research
workflows» somehow means using Skribilo as authoring system for
producing “active papers“, right?

Cheers,
simon

PS: About the name/version pairs, are we not trying to explain at length
that it is the wrong way to obtain reproducibility?  Aside it is not
clear what is the depth of name/version pairs to provide when speaking
about reproducibility, no?