guix-devel

Re: guix open

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix open
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:03:05 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 at 20:25, "(" <paren@disroot.org> wrote:
> On Fri Nov 18, 2022 at 8:22 PM GMT, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
>> Yes — as ‘guix open’ — but it would make a nice addition to ‘guix
>> show’.
>
> How would that interact with ``guix package --show''? Perhaps it might
> be better to add a ``guix package --open'' option?

Currently “guix show” is an alias of “guix package --show=” and we could
start to do the contrary, “guix package --show=” would be using “guix
show”.  Mainly for maintaining backward compatibility.  But “guix show”
could evolve this own way supporting options that would not be supported
by legacy “guix package --show=”.  WDYT?

It would avoid some headache. ;-)

Cheers,
simon