guix-devel

Re: Guix Shows Us The Executable Binaries

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Guix Shows Us The Executable Binaries
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 12:06:04 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 08:56, Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:
> jgart <jgart@dismail.de> writes:
>
>> wdyt if we show the bin folder in `guix show` output like in fedora?
>
> How would you implement that? Would the guix show command build the
> package if it isn't in the store?

In addition to Chris’s comment, please give a look at the “guix
filesearch” old proposal [1].  Be able to list the executable binary
files by “guix show” requires to get the list from the substitute
servers, so they need to somehow expose new features.

1: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-03/msg00236.html>

Cheers,
simon