guix-devel

Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Guix Website] A Search Page for Packages
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:57:45 +0100

Hi again,

Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> skribis:

>> > Here is the source code, by the way:
>> > https://codeberg.org/luis-felipe/guix-packages-website
>>

>> Maybe some kind of alpha/beta/in development banner or message would be
>> good, just to set expectations that this is a new thing that's being
>> worked on.
>
> I added that and some other things that were missing and realeased version
> 0.1.0 of the package browser.

One thing I noticed is that i18n support seems to be missing.

It’s OK to keep that for later, but how about making sure URLs are
prepared to handle that, by adding /en in the path?

That is, from:
https://packages.guix.gnu.org/packages/ecl-cl-unicode/0.1.6/
to:
https://packages.guix.gnu.org/en/packages/ecl-cl-unicode/0.1.6/

Sysadmin-wise, we’ll need a proper service in (sysadmin web), Chris.
:-)  (I can help with that if needed.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.