guix-devel

Re: Help with G-expression

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Help with G-expression
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 23:00:16 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Thanks for your patience. :-)

On Fri, 02 Dec 2022 at 22:30, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> Oops, that one is a new bug due to
> 54003af85cc5b689bd328b30617c93ed2f5fd647.  I’ll look into it.

Ah, a good news. :-)

>> Below the log file – missing (gcrypt hash).
>
> So (with-extensions (list guile-gcrypt) …), as in ‘video-ges-project’ in
> ‘render-videos.scm’¹.
>
> In essence, the gexp you want to run must specify all the Guile modules
> and extensions it depends on; this is what ‘with-imported-modules’ and
> ‘with-extensions’ let you express.

Not here.  What I running is this:

(with-imported-modules '((guix build utils))  ;import it
  (computed-file "empty-tree"
                 #~(begin
                     ;; Put it in scope.
                     (use-modules (guix build utils))

                     ;; Happily use its 'mkdir-p' procedure.
                     (mkdir-p (string-append #$output "/a/b/c")))))

And it perfectly works. :-)  As explained in the very first email in
this thread.

The issue is when I am adding (guix profiles) and nothing more to the
previous perfectly working ’computed-file’.  How can I guess that this
module (guix profiles) requires (gcrypt hash) as extension?  Just to be
loaded since it is not used.

Sorry I am missing the obvious.

Cheers,
simon