guix-devel

Re: Release progress, week 10

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Release progress, week 10
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 13:11:34 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 17:38, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> If everything goes well, I plan to publish the release on Monday, 19th.
> Time to get to your instrument for a release song or whatever other
> performance you feel like making!  :-)

It reminds me the announce on hpc.guix.info.  Well, I am not have the
time before Monday to collect the changes.  I can draft on Monday.

The draft of the announce for the Guix website LGTM.  I will try to
write a paragraph about «Supporting long-term reproducibility» (SWH
fallback for channels and Disarchive) on Monday morning.  If you want to
proceed before, go ahead. :-)

I still think that it would be worth to mention the removal of many
Python 2 packages and that the project stops to maintain Python 2
packages.  I know it appears in NEWS but it costs nothing to restate
because many people are not reading all the details of all. :-)

Cheers,
simon