guix-devel

Re: Core-updates and cross-compilation

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Core-updates and cross-compilation
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 20:54:25 +0100

Hello Josselin,

Am Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 06:48:16PM +0100 schrieb Josselin Poiret:
> I'm working on building Hurd atm, and it's been taking longer than I
> would've liked.  We needed an update to mig, which cascaded into updates
> to gnumach and hurd, but they also shouldn't be too recent as we'd need
> a newer libc.  I thought the git tags in the repos would be a safe bet,
> but they don't build by themselves, and lots of patches need to be
> backported as well :) maybe after this upgrade is over we could offer
> some help with releases/CI.

thanks for your update and working on the hurd integration! And many thanks
also for trying to find a core-updates friendly solution... If it turns out
to be too much work, maybe you could also postpone it until after the merge
and try to get a feature branch going quickly thereafter.

Suggesting help to the hurd people concerning CI sounds like it could be
beneficial to both our communities.

Andreas