guix-devel

Re: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 16:31:51 +0100

Hello!

Am Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 05:47:08PM +0100 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> I’ve just changed it the ‘core-updates’ job to build
> ‘etc/release-manifests.scm’ (you can check what’s in there).  So
> everything goes well (a big “if” :-)), we’ll soon have substitutes for
> Emacs, GTK, and whatnot.

thanks a lot, also for the explanation on what to do over ssh.

Would it be okay to add the following packages to etc/release-manifests.scm:
openjdk
unison (exercises ocaml)
ghc-pandoc (exercises ghc)
calibre (exercises Qt5 and python-pyqt)

icecat is supposed to be added as soon as rust is available on i686,
but I suppose we could add it conditionally only on x86_64, no?
Actually there is already a filter step in %system-manifest.
The same holds for ungoogled-chromium. It should be enough to just
add them.

Andreas