guix-devel

How to manage package replacements?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: How to manage package replacements?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 12:51:30 +0100

Hey,

I was looking at python-pillow as there's some duplication showing up in
various places, including guix lint.

→ guix lint python-pillow
guix lint: warning: ambiguous package specification `python-pillow'

This is probably connected with package replacements, maybe the original
package definition should be marked as hidden? Anyway, I think the
bigger point here is I'm not sure what's meant to be done when adding
replacements for a package, and I don't know how to find out what's
meant to be done?

Does anyone know what needs to be done in any/every case when replacing
a package?

Thanks,

Chris