guix-devel

Re: [GSoC 23] distributed substitutes, cost of storage

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: [GSoC 23] distributed substitutes, cost of storage
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 10:45:39 +0200

Hello,

Am Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 01:49:23AM +0530 schrieb Vijaya Anand:
> In the case of accessing Guix substitutes from p2p
> network, we ensure authorization by Guix team by making sure the urn of the
> substitute is the urn mentioned in the narinfo

no, currently substitutes are authenticated by a digital signature with one
of the substitute servers (the user has control over which signing keys are
accepted, see /etc/guix/acl). It happens after the download.

And see

https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Substitute-Server-Authorization
 .

Andreas