guix-devel

Re: GNU Shepherd 0.10.0rc1 available for testing!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Shepherd 0.10.0rc1 available for testing!
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 23:31:14 +0200

Hi!

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> skribis:

> I am pleased to announce that the first release candidate of version
> 0.10.0 of the GNU Shepherd is available for testing!

An update: a dozen commits have been pushed since rc1, a few of them
fixing logic issues and others making tests more robust.

There remains a bug on AArch64 that manifests as Shepherd test failures,
but it’s a Fibers or Guile bug:

  https://github.com/wingo/fibers/issues/83

Turning off JIT by setting ‘GUILE_JIT_THRESHOLD=-1’ is a simple way to
work around it though, so maybe we’ll just do that for this release.

Anyway I think we’ll have an rc2 before the release.

Thanks to everyone who tested it already!

Ludo’.