guix-devel

Re: Can we provide another UI for patches than just email ?

From: Saku Laesvuori
Subject: Re: Can we provide another UI for patches than just email ?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 09:57:33 +0300

> I'd like to be part of the solution, so Saku, I'd like to help
> write the putative scripts you talk about. The main difficulty I see is
> that they need to be configured to be able to send and receive email on
> the user's behalf.

That could probably be done via git send-email. I think the hardest
thing is working around debbugs. One idea I have is to first create a
branch with a name like <description>-not-submitted, then somehow get the
issue number after sending the first email and then rename the branch to
<description>-<issue-number> and either add a conditional git configuration
rule[1] that sets the sendemail-to to the corresponding address or use
that information from the script. Maybe mumi already does most of this,
I haven't tried it yet (but I probably should).

[1]: https://www.git-scm.com/docs/git-config#_conditional_includes