guix-devel

Re: GUI for Guix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GUI for Guix
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 17:49:32 +0200

Hi,

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> Adam Faiz <adam.faiz@disroot.org> writes:
>
>> 4. Emacs-Guix, currently broken (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/55013)
>
> The last message in that issue discussion is mine:
>
>     FWIW M-x guix-installed-packages (and all the other stuff) works for me
>
> Is it *actually* broken?  If it is and you can provide information on
> how to trigger the broken behavior we might be a step closer to fixing
> it.

The only thing broken for me is completion in shell-mode (which I’ve
been meaning to tackle for a long time…).  I never click on the
“Install” button though (I use Home) so I don’t know if that bit works,
but I use a fair fraction of the rest.

(I also rediscovered ‘emacs-build-farm’ recently, and it’s wonderful!
The default URL list is outdated but apart from that it works like a
charm.)

Ludo’.