guix-devel

Add xmpp room to the list of group chats.

From: MSavoritias
Subject: Add xmpp room to the list of group chats.
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 10:20:25 +0200

Hey, I thought this mailing list is the most fitting for the request feel free to point out if its better somewhere else.

Is the community open to have group chats listed in other networks than IRC assuming they are free software?

Having chat groups in different networks is going to greatly improve the accessibility of the project towards new contributors which I think we recently wanted to start working on as one of our areas of focus.

The group chat I am talking about is in xmpp/jabber and it is here -> guix@chat.disroot.org

It has already the CoC of the guix project and xmpp is free software from server to client.

Also disclaimer: I am not talking about starting to bridge them. That is an entirely separate thing with different tradeoffs and maintenance.

Just listing the group chat is easy though :)

Msavoritias