guix-devel

Suggestion for a guix shell feature.

From: Apoorv
Subject: Suggestion for a guix shell feature.
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:10:56 +0100 (CET)

I want to make a suggestion for a feature for guix shell.

I was recently writing guix.scm files for my projects and was having problem with the libraries I added, not being found inside the shell. After struggling for hours I finally learned that that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH  is not being updated automatically inside the  guix shell environment so the libraries can be found easily.

So my feature suggestion is that maybe we can have a flag or a option for guix shell, something like --add-ld-path or --update-ld-path for example, to add all libraries specified in the guix.scm or even as sub-command guix shell --add-ld-path mesa as an example, to automatically update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to contain the correct paths to these libraries so they can be found easily inside the shell.

--
Sent with Tuta; enjoy secure & ad-free emails:
https://tuta.com